Truefood Amaranth is NON-GMO, Gluten-free and Vegan. It is a nutritionally dense ancient grain, that is a good source of fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It also has a lot of protein, which makes it an excellent source of energy.
It is also low in calories and has an earthy, nutty flavour that compliments a lot of different dishes. It can be eaten as a porridge or added to baked goods, salads and stews. It is a great alternative to rice, gluten-free bread and pasta.
- May lower cholesterol levels
- Could reduce inflammation
- Good source of fibre and protein
- Good source of manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and iron
- Contains good antioxidants
- Add ½ cup amaranth and 1 1/2 cups water to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat
- Simmer for 25 – 30 minutes until cooked