Truefood Chia Seeds are from the Salvia Hispanica plant, a member of the mint family. They have a mild nutty flavour and can hold 10-12 times their weight in water, making them an ideal egg substitute or thickening agent and aiding in weight loss.
Chia seeds have become increasingly popular as a superfood for the health-conscious and as a source of omega-3 for vegans further being recommended by health experts as a substitute for commercial grains. This whole grain is naturally gluten-free and renowned for its high levels of Omega 3, Calcium, Fibre, Antioxidants and Protein.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Source of fibre
- High in omega-3 fatty acids
- May lower your risk of heart disease
- May reduce blood sugar levels
- May reduce chronic inflammation
- High in bone nutrients (calcium, magnesium, phosphorus)