Truefood Chickpeas are NON GMO and packed full of nutrients, boasting a variety of vitamins and minerals chickpeas are extremely beneficial for those who follow vegan and vegetarian diets as they contain iron, protein and B vitamins. Chickpeas have a nutty taste and can be used for a variety of food applications, well known as an ingredient of hummus. Chickpeas can also be added to stews and casseroles or mashed with mayo for ‘mock tuna’.
- Rich in Protein that is crucial for many functions within the body
- High in B vitamins that help to maintain energy levels throughout the day
- High in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- High in iron an important component of haemoglobin that carries oxygen from our blood to our lungs
- High in Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus that are crucial for healthy bones and teeth
- To soak overnight: Rinse and cover with cold water, leave to soak overnight.
- Quick soak: Cover chickpeas with water (above 2 cm above the chickpeas), microwave for 3 minutes on high and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Cook as described below.
- Rinse well, cover with water in a saucepan and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours until tender.