Truefood Couscous is NON GMO and a good source of protein, fibre and essential vitamins. Couscous has a taste similar to semolina pasta and is often used in place of rice. It can be used in salads, mixed with vegetables or eaten as a side dish with stir-fries or meat.
- Rich in selenium (helps repair damaged cells and decrease inflammation).
- Immune boost.
- Good source of plant-based protein.
- High in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidanT.
- Add one part boiling water to one part raw couscous in a bowl.
- Cover and leave until the water is absorbed and the couscous tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Before serving, fluff with a fork.
- Cooking tip - 1 cup (250 ml) raw couscous makes about 3 cups (750 ml) cooked couscous. One serving is usually 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked couscous.