Truefood Buckwheat is non GMO and Gluten Free making it ideal for those with gluten intolerance’s or celiac disease. This highly nutritious ancient grain is also a complete protein making it suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets further to providing minerals and vitamins Buckwheat is also a source of fibre and helps to stabilise metabolism which could assist with weight management or weight loss goals.
Considered to be a fruit seed Buckwheat can be eaten raw or cooked and enjoyed as a starch replacement. Commonly used for gluten free breads or crackers, buckwheat can also be used for pastry or pancake dishes that call for no gluten or as a healthy breakfast porridge.
- High in manganese that fights free radicals within the body and acts as an anti-oxidant
- Rich in Phosphorous that detoxes the body and maintains bone and dental health
- High in copper that increases iron absorption
- Rich in magnesium which is crucial for many functions within the body, with over 300 bio-chemical reactions depending on the mineral
- High in B vitamins that help to maintain energy levels throughout the day
- Pour the desired amount of fresh, raw buckwheat into a strainer, rinse well under cool running water.
- Once rinsed empty the buckwheat from the strainer into a pot with water; for every one part of buckwheat add 2 cups of water.
- Bring the pot to a boil on the stove on high heat, reduce the temperature to medium and allow the buckwheat to simmer with a lid on the pot for 15 to 30 minutes or until it is tender.
- Stir occasionally