This Carrot & Coconut loaf is perfect when you are craving something sweet, but still want something that is full of protein and low in calories.
- 180g Cake wheat flour
- 2 Servings SSA Supplements Pure Whey Island Coconut flavour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons fine desiccated coconut
- 1 medium banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45ml coconut oil
- 125ml low fat milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 15g Chopped Pecans
- 80g medium fat cream cheese
- 30g Icing Sugar
- Fine desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 ̊C and spray your loaf tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and desiccated coconut.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the banana, eggs, vanilla extract, coconut oil, low fat milk and brown sugar. Stir in the grated carrots.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf tin.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a knife from the centre comes out mostly clean with crumbs. (Every oven is different, therefor check early to ensure that you don’t overbake the loaf).
- Remove from the oven and let the loaf cool in the pan for 15minutes, before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled loaf.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and chopped pecans.
- Cut into slices.
You can use another flavour of SSA Pure Whey, for example the banana custard flavour, which will also work great in this recipe. If you are baking this recipe, make sure to tag us on Facebook or Instagram.