Truefood Amaranth is NON GMO, Gluten free and Vegan. It is a nutritionally dense ancient grain, that is a good source of fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It has an earthy, nutty flavour that compliments a lot of different dishes. It can be eaten as a porridge or added to baked goods, salads and stews.
- May lower cholesterol levels
- Could reduce inflammation
- Good source of fiber and protein
- Good source of manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and iron
- Contains good antioxidants
- Add ½ cup amaranth and 1 1/2 cups water to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 25 - 30 minutes until cooked